Height - 27 1/2 inches
- On August 3rd, you started standing standing for longer periods of time.
- On August 4th at BIR, you took your first step!!!
- On August 15th, you started taking a lot of steps at a time and are considered an official walker!!!
- On August 19th, we had to made an emergency trip to Children's Hospital in Minneapolis. On the 18th, we were playing and you started getting a fever and were very clingy. We thought maybe you were getting more teeth. Throughout the night, your fever got worse. You woke up on the 19th still with a fever. We gave you Tylenol and went to breakfast with Grandma and Grandpa. You ate a great breakfast, but we noticed your fever was still 102.9 after taking Tylenol. We made a call to the doctor and because the fever was high and you were very lethargic, it was recommended we take you to Children's to be checked out. They quickly found out you had a very bad bladder and kidney infection. This is very rare in an infant, so we knew something was not right. We spent hours doing fluids and IV antibiotics. We were lucky to go home and we didn't need to stay overnight. After this visit, we had a follow up with the pediatrician as well as a kidney ultrasound and a VCUG test. The ultrasound on August 22nd came back abnormal. Your kidney pelvis was enlarged and there was excess fluid. We followed this up with a VCUG test on August 1st. This also came back abnormal. We found out that you have 2nd degree Kidney Reflux and a duplicate ureter. I will go into more details in a future post.
- This has been a very scary, but exciting month. Mommy and daddy are happy and sad at the same time that you are already a year old!!!